Is anyone in the UK/EUROPE using CLARITY?

Hello!

I'm looking to test the clarity method on some knock in fluoro reporter mice and some human neural tissue.

The CLARITY method may not be suitable for my tissue, and so I am trying to not set up the entire system here to then discover it's useless.

Could anyone possibly spare a minimal amount of time to allow me to visit and try their system on my tissue? I would obviously reimburse you for any reagents etc.

I'm based in Edinburgh, and can travel anywhere in the UK or even to Europe!

Thank you

Rhiannon
Tagged:

Comments

• Try passively clearing the tissue in clearing buffer first. Follow the method for hydrogel perfusion and embedding. Then put the tissue in a tube with clearing buffer at 37 degrees. Change the buffer every day or so. Within two weeks you'll be able to determine how well your tissue has cleared.
  • Hi Rhiannon,
    We are using Clarity in the Netherlands (based in Rotterdam), but we do not have an optimized Clarity system yet. However, if you are interested in trying Clarity, there might be something we can arrange.
    Cheers, Esther
  • Hi Laura,

Thanks for that advice, I'll certainly give it a try!

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your reply, perhaps you could drop me an email on r.grant@ed.ac.uk if you'd like to discuss further?

Have a great day guys