White precipitate on tissue during electrophoresis

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share some of my recent experience.

When I run my sample at 37C @ 30V, I noticed that some whitish layer starts forming on the tissue (only random spots). I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience and if this "precipitate" affects the further processing of the tissue (e.g. translucency after embedding).

I'm curious to hear about your thoughts.

PS.: The precipitate seems not to form if I run a flow rate of 15L/min. However, the buffer appears white (b/c of tiny bubbles). I'm not sure if this affects the clearing.

Comments

• FabioFabio Posts: 62
    Hi I have not noticed white precipitate nn my sample. It could be SDS accumulation. It happens when the clearing buffers dries out, you get white SDS marks. Try changing the flow rate and checking that your sample is always fully in the solution. Also I feel that after longer runs my buffer starts to evaporate, so I always keep adding water to maintain the exact level
  • Hi Fabio,

Thank you for your comment. If I start running the entire system with a higher flow rate (15 L/min), the clearing solution turns white (probably due to tiny bubbles). Do you think this will affect the clearing?

Thx.